The crew made a big list of what was forgotten to bring or needed fixing. The idea is to focus on the problems that get directly in the way of a good shoot.
We will be filming every few days, until the bugs are ironed out, and then start real filming in a few weeks.
Filming will be on 2hrs short notice via the crew mailing list - dependant on weather and key crew availability. It would be good if all crew members had at least a turn so we can get warmed up as a team. The Canon EOS 5d Mk 2 camera is fantastic but it's more like a movie camera than video camera and needs a hell of a lot of practice to get top results.
To bring next time:
- Top flag for Arri matte box
- ND filter
- Camera bag for 5dmk2
- Rain cover
- Sun hats
- Support for long telephoto lens
- Stabilise handle
- Long handle in the way
- Right angle HDMI adaptor needed on camera so it doesn't poke camera operators nose
- Where does on board mic clamp on?
- Where does headphones plug in?
- Make base board for low hat
- Make back plate with Velcro for radio mic receiver
- Solve SmallHD monitor poor visibility in bright sunlight at 6 o'clock despite sun hood